A stellar line-up of influential sports leaders and powerful voices on gender, diversity and inclusion is being announced by SIGA, as the protagonists of the fourth SIGA-Soccerex Webinar, taking place this Wednesday, 17 June 2020, at 15.00 UK time.
Featuring high-profile speakers, including:
- Baroness Sue Campbell DBE, Director of Women’s Football, The FA;
- Brian Lewis, President of the Caribbean Association of National Olympic Committees (CANOC) / Trinidad & Tobago NOC / SIGA Council Member;
- Alex Scott, former English Footballer, Arsenal WFC, Pundit and Presenter;
- Alison Giordano, Vice President, Consumer Marketing & Sponsorships, Mastercard;
- Piara Powar, Executive Director, Fare Network; and
- Katie Simmonds, General Counsel & Senior Director Global Partnerships, SIGA / COO, SIGA AMERICA.
Moderated by leading sports broadcaster and Seven League associate, Ben Jacobs, the fourth SIGASoccerex Webinar takes place in a context of unprecedented and widespread civil interventions and growing demands for diversity, inclusivity and equality at all levels and across all sectors.
Ahead of the Webinar, Emanuel Macedo de Medeiros, CEO of SIGA and Chairman & CEO of SIGA AMERICA, stated:
“Covid-19 and the killing of George Floyd are changing the world with resounding impact. We must listen to the people and what they are saying, everywhere, in the most unequivocal terms. They are saying enough is enough. They want action. They want justice, respect and equal opportunities. They want a society that lives up to our civilisational values and ideals. They want to see change. Real change. Long-overdue cultural change. And they want it now. The next SIGA-Soccerex Webinar will discuss these issues from Sport’s angle, and what must be done to ensure “Football for All”. We invite everyone to come on board and participate.”
Register here to confirm your participation.
Send your questions to our panellists in advance to comms@siga-sport as well as ask questions in real time.