The Sport Integrity Global Alliance (SIGA) have now officially formed their second SIGA YOUTH COUNCIL (SYC) to join the world’s leading Sport Integrity organization for the duration of the 2022-2023 term.
Fifteen inspirational young leaders, from across the globe, have been selected to join this 18 month action-orientated, youth-led collective and help to supercharge the SIGA reform agenda in new, dynamic and impactful ways. The members will begin by focusing their joint efforts to define and implement a youth-driven agenda that will further Integrity in Sport. As such, they will become an intrinsic part of SIGA’s global Sport Integrity reform.
The 2022-2023 SIGA Youth Council will be composed of the following young leaders:
- Taylor Green, Director, Communications, Black Girl Hockey Club | Member, SIGA GRID Standing Committee (Chair)
- Andelija Milovanovic, PR Officer, WBC”Partizan 1953” Belgrade | SIGAWomen mentee (Vice Chair)
- Tomás Macedo de Medeiros, Jurist | MBA Student, International Business Law and Sports, University of Lausanne (Vice Chair)
- Adeola Adesoba, Founder, Sport for Peace and Youth Development Initiative | Data Scientist, NVIDIA | Monitoring & Evaluation Officer, Girl Pride Circle
- Brian Kavuma, Account Executive, Playmakers | Founder, Project Manager, TheStaff
Carla Guttilla Lacerda, Lawyer, Ambiel, Manssur, Belfiore, Gomes e Hanna Advogados
- Ed Bowers, Director, Education2Sport Limited
- Grace Glaser, Education Coordinator, US Center for SafeSport
- Jovan Booker, Youth Development Trainer, North Fork United Soccer Club | Starting Striker and Ambassador for Sport, US National Amputee Soccer Team
- Likhaya Ntlokonkulu, Market Research & Data Analyst, Nielsen Sports South Africa
- Shanari Fearon, Sports Coordinator, University of the West Indies
- Sid Kohli, Sports Broadcaster and Chief Executive – Decyfr Sport | Secretary General, UEFA AAA
- Stephen Ojo, Head of Rules and Integrity, Lagos State Esports Association
- Tarryn Horner, Programmes and Grants Manager, Laureus Sport for Good Foundation | Committee Member, U MATTER | Executive Committee, Commonwealth Youth Sport for Development and Peace Network
- Thomas Edwards, Sport Development Manager, University of Surrey/Surrey Sports Park
Launching the new SIGA Youth Council, Emanuel Macedo de Medeiros, SIGA Global CEO, emphasized the critical role this group will have in shaping the future of the industry:
“I welcome this group of bright minds, people of different backgrounds and geographies, all embodying the same spirit of positive integrity reform. The SIGA Youth Council will define and drive their strategic agenda and action plan, in support of the overarching SIGA Mission and Vision. Their enthusiasm is absolutely impressive! We cannot wait to see everything that they will achieve with the full support of the wider SIGA family. At SIGA we are committed to empowering Youth to not only have a voice, but to make a tangible impact. Having got to know them, I have no doubt that the SIGA Youth Council members will exceed our expectations in both regards”.
Speaking on behalf of the SIGA Youth Council, the newly appointed Chair, Taylor Green, stated:
“I’m really looking forward to the next iteration of the Youth Council and making this collective of emerging leaders bigger and better, to promote fair, accessible and equal Sport for all. A Sport governed and operated under the highest integrity standards. The SIGA Youth Council is, in a way, a microcosm of SIGA. We’re all very passionate about Sport. We are committed to press for cultural change and make sure that young people have a voice when it comes to making decisions on the policies and strategies on sport integrity”.
– THE END –
SIGA is the world´s largest coalition in the field of sport´s governance and integrity. Supported by more than 100 international multi-industry supporters, SIGA is an independent and neutral organisation whose mission is to bring about meaningful reforms and enhance the integrity of all sports through a set of universal standards operated by an independent and neutral body. SIGA is the only organisation to bring together sport, governments, academia, international organisations, sponsors, business, rights holders, NGOs and professional services companies, from every region in the world, around a common cause of fostering greater integrity throughout sport.
For more information on SIGA, including its vision, mission and reform agenda, please refer to the website: www.siga-sport.com.
To contact SIGA, please email: email@example.com.