#SIW Kick Started by Global Leaders, Forward-Thinkers, Influencers and other Champions of Sport Integrity Uniting Under the SIGA Banner for Positive Integrity Reform
SIGA, the world’s largest independent integrity organisation, today concluded the first day of the first ever Sport Integrity Week, which will run until September 11th.
A powerful opening day saw 12 premium digital events play out on the world stage. Free to access, transparent, open, honest, straight talking and ready for business. They involved inspirational and passionate speakers from around the world, representing leading organisations from all sides of the sporting industry, all coming together to champion Sports Integrity. If the opening platform of Sport Integrity Week is anything to go by the entire week will be a ground-breaking paradigm shift for Sport Integrity, good governance, transparency and accountability.
Day 1 of Sport Integrity Week started with a bang with SIGA chairman Franco Frattini getting the ball rolling with a strong call to action urging all stakeholders to be uncompromising in the battle against Integrity threats. SIGA CEO Emanuel Macedo de Medeiros extended this powerful messaging by not only stressing that stakeholders must “stand united and strong in the resolve to overcome this crisis. Sport must feel the passion – the catalyst of socio-economic progression. There is no second chance. Sport owns the problems but it must also own the solutions” but by also providing a platform for them to stand up and be counted – #SIW.
SIGA clearly demonstrated their intent to deliver action to accompany their strong words by showcasing a number of impactful interventions that will make a tangible difference to Sport Integrity. Not least the SIGA Independent Rating and Verification System (SIRVS) – where a powerful statement of intent was announced by SIGA that numerous International Organisations would be evaluated through a SIRVS pilot programme, including UEFA, to help give sports an independently verified, integrity audit. Other examples of the powerful outcomes #SIW delivered saw the SIGA Task Force on Race, Gender, Diversity and Inclusion in Sport announce their recommendations, which will be released in the coming days. Furthermore, in another significant leap towards inclusivity the opening day of #SIW saw the launch of the first digital workshop for the SIGA Global Mentorship Programme on Female Leadership in Sport.
As if these momentous landmarks were not enough #SIW Day 1 was interspersed with a wealth of engaging content, fireside chats and impactful webinars from high profile speakers and sport legends and inspirational figures from a range of experience bases, organisations and perspectives.
The stellar speakers’ line-up included, amongst others:
- Edwin Moses OLY, legendary track and field Champion | 2x Olympic Gold Medalist | Chairman Emeritus, United States Anti-Doing Agency (USADA) | former Chairman, Laureus World Sports Academy;
- Renée Montgomery, two-time WNBA Champion (2015, 2017) | WNBA Sixth Woman of the Year (2012) | WNBA All-Star (2011) | NCAA Champion (2009)
- Jessica Berman, Deputy Commissioner & Executive Vice President, National Lacrosse League
- Gianni Merlo, President, International Association of Sports Press (AIPS)
- Jon Duncan Vice President, Enforcement, The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
- Mike Golub President, Portland Timbers Football Club | 2019/2020 Major League Soccer Champion
- Alfredo Durante Mangoni, Co-Chair, G20 Anti-Corruption Working Group | Anti-Corruption Coordinator, DG Global Issues, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Italy
- Lorenzo Salazar Vice-Chair, Working Group on Bribery, OECD
- Dan Mannix, CEO, CSM North America
- Brian Lewis, President, Trinidad & Tobago National Olympic Committee | Member, SIGA Council | Chair, SIGA Task Force of Race, Gender, Diversity and Inclusion! President, Caribbean Association of National Olympic Committees (CANOC)
- Alison Giordano, Vice President, Consumer Marketing & Sponsorships, Mastercard
- Sally Roberts, Founder & CEO, Wrestle Like a Girl
- Stuart Hodge, CEO, New South Wales League
If you missed Day 1 – Where were You?
But do not despair there are still four more equally engaging days to come.
Download the Sport Integrity Week Event Guide to see the hottest topics and speakers on the World Stage and the five continental stages: Stage Asia; Stage Africa; Stage Oceania; Stage Americas; and Stage Europe of today and for the four upcoming days.
The Sport Integrity Week is open to everyone. Participation for the webinars is FREE of charge, but pre-registration is necessary. The registration link is available here.
For more details on the programme of activities, registration and to download the app click here.
Participation for webinars is complimentary. Place are limited. To reserve your place click here.
For partnership enquiries and to host your own digital event please contact email@example.com.